Sunday, June 5, 2016

reflections and observations #3

I've been wanting to give this annoyance due respect, but have been putting it off, cuz I didn't want to sound like I'm complaining.  Suffice to say, I'm gonna share it now:

There are opinions that keep surfacing in my own life path, that medicine is not natural and not good.  And you shouldn't take "mind drugs" that you should go without and not follow doctors' advice, because 'you' can deal with it on ur own terms.

These types of opinions, in my experience, have proven false.  Just short and sweet proof from me:  I have experimented with quite a few recreational drugs in my past life, and ended up having life situations, coupled with my altered brain chemistry from the 'fun drugs', lead me to my first schizophrenic episode, which has popped up from time to time.  I am doing well now, tho. I am doing the group therapy currently, and on anti-psychotic medication, and I feel the professionals working with me, have my best interests in mind.  As an aside tho, I do think I may get off the anti-depressant medz I'm on now  :P.

I plan to stay on the anti-psychotic medication, and not dabble with the drugs from my past anymore, and I see a bright outlook in my future, in this aspect of my life.  True, I do think the pharmaceutical industry is influenced too heavily by the capitalistic influences in the world today, but please don't throw out the baby with the bathwater, ok?  Medicine has come a long way, and probably the people that do the real work of developing the medicine, are doing so out of good intentions.

I just had to get that off my chest.  Thank you for your attention in this matter.

and ~peace till I post again  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment