Tuesday, June 28, 2016

upgrades for refinery #7

I wonder if I'll run out of things to upgrade at some point...  fer sure for this round of life, at least!  I'll just do a few item pictures for this post.  No picture of the belt, cause the SMALLER belt is already busy!  :D  (For the record, its the third belt I've acquired now, same brand/model, but smallest one so far :)  So in a way, I'd be ok to grow a few more sizes back  :|  .  hehe.  Ok, some boring snapshots, then:

Bought two of these digital antenna for FROG (entertainment system room) and bedroom.  Only connected the one in bedroom yet, but it works wonderfully, found 37 channels and roughly ~10 are not so great (artifacting)

Last stick of chap-stick I went thru was Burt's Bee's peppermint I think, and it was the best that I had tried.  But this new Chapfix actually beats that, so I feel like this purchase was worth it.  In the name of lips, eh  :x

 And now for the big toy:
  This new Acer Predator screen, fit my bill perfectly.

 My stipulations were actually limits of sorts.  I wanted my third/main monitor to be only 24 inches and only 1080p (1920x1080), so it would fit in with my other two Asus monitors.

As it turns out, the way the monitors and triple monitor stand work together, my new Acer Predator sits roughly 1/2 - 3/4" lower than the two surrounding Asus screens.  This has the potential to bug the heck out of me, but I've already come to terms and accepted it.  Its ok  :)

Some blurbage about what's powering these screens:  gotz one of these for the new screen connected via DisplayPort [of course] for full utilization.  and gotz one of these for the two side monitors (connected via DVI) which will only do 2D desktop type stuffs.  (never planned to game on more than one monitor (multi-screen)

That screen above my triple monitors is an even older samsung 1080p screen (22" i think), that has nice features, such as HDMI connections coupled with older options like component AND composite, as well as coax, with a built-in digital tuner.  Thus, thats the screen I connected my first antenna to.  So it serves two functions now.  Roku for streaming, and as of now, digital over-the-air channels.  Aside from that, I have an HDMI switch going OUT to the right monitor, so I can manually change that input without much trouble, to play my PS3 or PS4 on that.

What else, I've got an older 5.1 Logitech [THX] speaker setup connected to PC.  The samsung screen on top as well as the right monitor have audio output going to a newer 2.1 Logitech [THX] speaker setup. (TV / Roku / PS3 / PS4).

I may shed light on some other setups I've already future proofed in later posts  :)

What else...  oh, just arrived today is this item.  I think it fits in well.  I wasn't planning on it, but I think I'll replace my current alarm clock with this.  Its pretty sweet, but I'm too lazy to take another picture for this blog.  heh

I think I'm very close now to closing out the last chapter of my [future-proofing] phase of life, and I am very much looking forward to what the next chapter has in store.

So till next time, ~peace!

1 comment: